PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Upgrade

Paul McGowan has leaked some information about a major upgrade the perfectwave DAC that will be coming out within the next few weeks. Pricing as of yet unknown, but current units will be field (DIY) upgradable.

Apparently, major changes were made to the digital processing board, involving changes in the powersupplies, and replacement of CMOS switching for the gates and clocking with analog switches.

Second, new jitter reducing circuitry called NativeX was implemented.

There are more as of yet unannounced new features.

Apparently, SQ on all inputs will benefit, including the bridge. Exciting stuff.
edorr
just read the posts on the psa site. he also made mention of a reduced upgrade price for "early adapters"....which is extra cool imho.

i really like how psa does business. their discussion forums are a great example of how open and transparent they are as a company. Paul and his crew put up with alot of negative comments that many mfg forums would delete in a heart beat. hats off the folks at psa. great product and customer service.can't wait to get the upgrades as they sound fantastic.

glad i got on board early.
Very cool indeed, but I hate waiting. I hope this "early announcement" isn't too early. I'll be disappointed if I can't get the upgrade by the end of the year...
Have you guys heard anymore about the upgrade to the PWD since these posts? I hope the cost is low to do the upgrades.
The upgrade will cost $1,000, $800 for early adopters. It looks like they will be shipped after New Years.

Details will be available in the PS Audio newsletter.

For anyone thinking that's too much, Paul McGowan says he wishes he could sell it for $500 but that's just not possible.