Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
Ataulfo Argenta Edition (box set)
Liszt 'Annees de Pelerinage' D.G. Lazar Berman
Suzanne Vega 'Solitude Standing'
Patti Smith 'Horses'
Gilbert and Sullivan 'Mikado" D'Oyly Carte Opera Company
Sinatra 'Come Fly With Me'
Cannonball Adderly 'Mercy"
Four Favorite Trios by Stern, Rose and Istomin
Pink Panther Mancini
The best recording that I own is Dean Peer's "Ucross." I first heard this recording playing through a pair of Martin Logans in a high end audio store, and it turned out that they liked that CD so much that they arranged with the artist to sell it out of their store. I bought the last one they had in stock. Dean is a solo bassist, but before you say, "Run for the hills, a full-length bass solo album!", you should know that Dean uses a high degree of dynamics and harmonics, and an unusal array of basses and strings. The result does not sound like any "bass solo" you have ever heard. He is a true song-writer, and each song has independant rhythm, melody and harmony. I don't know how he does it, but the end result is impressive. Whenever I audition new audiophile equipment, I take this CD with me, and the sales staff is always impressed with its imaging, harmonics, and dynamics. Truly a great recording if you can get your hands on it.

Other favorites would include:

Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (remastered)
Dishwala - Pet Your Friends
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Later, Tom.
Thanks for the recommendation, Tom. I'll be on the lookout for that recording! BTW: I was listening to the remastered HW61 last night... great stuff!
Dean Peer , "Its All Good " , Sting " Living Sea " , Janice Ian " Breaking Silence" , Seal " One " , and the sacd version of Beck s " Sea Change ".
Grew up with Rock but always had a wimpy system so tended to search for more "intimate" recordings but it's hit or miss with musical content and/or sonics. Have many I never listen to...
Here's some that are great all around:

Bjork "Vespertine"
Radiohead "Amnesiac"
Nick Cave "Boatman's Call"
XTC "Apple Venus Vol 1"
Miles Davis "Filles De Kilimanjaro" Columbia (remastered)
Gil Evans "The Individualism of Gil Evans" Verve\
Jack JeJohnette "Tin Pan Alley" w/Freeman bros. (ECM-Vinyl)

Tired of what I have, any swappeds out there?

A