Kondo DAC : Why no reviews ??

I am surprised that one of the best DACs in hifi, the Kondo DAC has no/very little review in the press. Why is that so ? I dont even get to read more than a few user opinions. What is the mystery ?

Have any of you heard it ? Please share your views on this DAC and how does it compare to other good DACs like the Audio Note 4.1X, Playback Design and the likes ?
pani
DAC's are always problematic, the next generation has better processors for half price. The only way to survive for a manufacturer is to keep the ball rolling with an update 2x a year. And a "legend" can hold the price much better, specially when no one compares it or is interested in that. Those who can afford, buy it and are not really mad to hear it is average, colored or slow (or whatever) to this and that. And: touched from the Master counts more than anything else... :-)
AP, the other HYPOTHESIS I have is that this DAC from Kondo-san is much like a Rolls-Royce Phantom automobile - there are people who simply know that they want a RR Phantom car come what may & they simply go out & buy & then use it. These sort of people (so flush with discretionary income) are not the sort of people to sit down in front of a computer & write a user-review. They are simply not that breed of people.
Additionally, Audio-Note Kondo has always been a rather low profile company & I believe that reviewers approach them rather than the other way around. In this case, the reviewers might have judged (in all their infinite wisdom) that under these market conditions the price-to-performance ratio of this item is not in-line with what the market is looking for given that several much lower priced options will rival Kondo DAC's perf & possibly exceed it.
Yet another factor could be that everybody's headed to computer audio & the Kondo DAC does not support that....
Bombaywalle.....your hypothesis is very accurate. Most customers of Kondo are not your average audiophiles, they are music lovers and really are not after the most accurate sound (whatever that is) but after a musical experience that let's them get immersed in sound and enjoy the experience. For accuracy there are many other brands to choose.
Kondo never "requests" reviews again they are just too busy hand-building their gear and besides, you are right again where a reviewer may not fully understand one piece of Kondo gear where a "system" of Kondo gear would speak the truth.
Dealer disclaimer noted!
my guess: since they can't keep up with the demand so they probably need no promotion; so no reviewers samples are made available.

come to think of it, who wants to have so much $$$$$ sitting with the reviewers for months?