Oppo BDP-95 sounds GREAT?

Stereophile Sept.: Oppo‘s BDP-95, it plays everything and sounds great. Any experience with it? How great is „great“ in reality? Great comparable to Wadia, EMMlabs or Esoteric? Great enough for those „masterings“ which gave us monthly sonic revolutions the last 20 years? ,Great‘ to impress anybody who hates CD‘s and is forced listening to it?
The sonic truth between 0 and 1? I am looking for a CD Player. Where‘s the experiemce of this reference sound quality secret?
128x128syntax
The sound staging is was what got me as well! after lots of comparison with my previous frontend setup, I found it difficult to go back. It had just the right amount of leading edge without sacrificing width, height and depth. The 95 is sensitive to powercord and Ic changes, the better the cables the better the sound and careful matching is worth exploring. Have you gotten around to readjusting toe-in and rake? Iv'e found repositioning a must after youv'e gauged the sound after burn-in. The final refinement is coming!post back when it does, I'd say you'll compare it to $5000 and up!
The only disadvantage is you cannot plug a 1TB external hardrive into it with music recorded in Apple Lossless.
There may be a rumored surprise around the corner for this! While I'm not sure about the details, I do know it has something to do with Apple!
Jdub39: I'm using a Shunyata venom 3 power cord & Tara Analog standard interconnect ($200 in the mid 90's).

Could you be more specific as to what you mean by "readjusting toe-in and rake"?

In my room, the speakers are pointed straight ahead because they're fairly close to my listening seat & they're large. (I'm using the old rule of 1/3's for speaker placement)

Not sure what rake is, & are you referencing the speakers or the unit itself for vibration control?
"There may be a rumored surprise around the corner for this! While I'm not sure about the details, I do know it has something to do with Apple!"

Darn, when I saw the title of your topic, I was hoping you were referencing iso's & firmware! (-: