Oppo BDP-95 sounds GREAT?

Stereophile Sept.: Oppo‘s BDP-95, it plays everything and sounds great. Any experience with it? How great is „great“ in reality? Great comparable to Wadia, EMMlabs or Esoteric? Great enough for those „masterings“ which gave us monthly sonic revolutions the last 20 years? ,Great‘ to impress anybody who hates CD‘s and is forced listening to it?
The sonic truth between 0 and 1? I am looking for a CD Player. Where‘s the experiemce of this reference sound quality secret?
128x128syntax
Thank you much for the tips! I'll need to check on the FL/FR; all other settings are as you suggest.
Thanks again for the info on FL/FR VS Downmix. I did have it set for downmix. I re-read the owner's manual, & that portion is very poorly written. I still don't really understand what Oppo is saying there (I did understand your post though), & suspect I perceived that setting as focusing on 5.1 movie audio; with the assumption I needed to enable downmix for stereo playback. While I am also using the player for video, I only have 2 speakers (& don't expect that to change).
I also have a question on the burn-in, as I couldn't get a straight answer on this when I called Oppo.

When we talk about burn in, are we referencing:

1. Hours plugged into the wall
2. Hours in power up mode as opposed to standby
or
3. Hours playing a signal

Also, is standby sufficient to keep the unit warmed up for peak audio performance, or is leaving it in full powered on mode (as I have been doing) necessary?
Burn-in would require at minimum for the unit to be turned on - this should have some juice running much of the circuits but probably not all. I would imagine that most people would advise that burn-in truly only happens when the unit is playing. If you want to burn-in while "playing" and not spinning discs then you could always download some music onto a USB thumb drive and let it play on repeat - this might get you pointed in the right direction.

As always YMMV and I defer more of a technical explanation of this process to those more learned than I....
That's what I thought. Oppo told me they strongly advise stand by mode when the unit is not in use. My take is the gentleman I've spoken with at Oppo 2x is not an audiophile.