is there a best music player on the computer?

I recently bought an HRT MusicStreamer II and have listened to internet radio lately but sometimes the stations have their own player that they prombt you to use but I have had no luck with. For example: KUSF does not work for me, they offer a choice of Flash 2.0 Flash 3.0 and Windows Media Player. When I select one of these in the pop up window it does not work.

What is the best music player for my computer (Windows XP pack 3)?

Is there a way to select one player to use with everything?

What is the best choice for this?

I presume the individual website are to blame in some instances, however, I need a plan of attack.

any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil
128x128philjolet
Jplay is evidently the best currently available, but I dont believe it works on XP. I would recommend JRiver with Kernel Streaming enabled.

you can try something free first if you want, Foobar2000 with the KS plug-in:
http://www.foobar2000.org/

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_ks

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Audioengr, will you please explain why you say this. Is it limited to Windows?
Tbg,

JPlay is limited to Vista on up to the current. In Hibernation mode, it truly embarrasses all of the other software I have here, including JRiver. It is the difference between a nice, detailed system....and the event playing out within the walls of your listening room.

Not having Apple in-house, I have not tried Amarra and the like.
For windows Jplay is a no brainer In my view its better than xxhighend whn played in full hibernation mode
You can listen to trail version but it will cut out every few mins for free but once you hear the difference to what it can do then no go going back to JRiver
Using in full hibernation mode you will have no control over the rest of your computer it will be playing directly on the HD so it is not for everybody but the performance it offers is worth it imho
Jplay was desigbed to work with Vista and Windws7 It strips out all other functions on your computer so music is getting read direct from memory without other processing getting in the way this makes a huge difference as I said full hibernation will not be for everyone as when in use you cannot use your computer for other funtions but this makes a huge difference