MacBook Pro or Mac Mini as music server

Currently have apple extreme server. Also using the Olive Media Olive 4HD and Olive 2.
Thinking of adding either the latest Macbook pro or the mac mini as a music server for my cd collection.
Which of the two would be better suited to my task ?
I'm leaning towards the macbook pro 13" with 2.3 GHZ but then at almost half the price the Macbook min 2.4 is a steel but i wouldhave to add keyboard, a monitor and a mouse so cost would be close to the macbook pro.
Anything else am missing here ?
For the Dac, i plan to use either an I-Nova or a Bel canto designs dac 2.5. An esoteric D-07 is also not far fetch.
Would greatly appreciate some advice as i'm just starting out on this hobby (computer audio) just now.
Thanks guys-
nolitan
some claim the mac mini is a better choice, since it doesn't have the monitor integrated (which may cause jitter issues). Can't confirm from experience. Likely more cost effective though, since you can pick up a cheap monitor and keyboard.

Personally, I'd go for the mini.

I'm using an imac myself, for tunes and other stuff and am very happy with it. But just for tunes, as I said, I'd go for the mini.
I'd go MacMini. You can use an iTouch or iPhone with the right ap software to run it "headless" on a wireless system.
iTunes has its own software remote ap, as does Fidelia.

The Mini is perfect server for USB DAC music in my experience. Consider upping the RAM to at least 3GBs with 2007-2008 (aka 2,1) Minis, or 8GBs with the 2010 which is really an exceptional music server imo.

And get yourself a good USB cord!

:) listening,

Ed
Get the Mac Mini server, $995' has 2 500 gb drives and 4g of ram. I have one with an external 2TB FireWire drive connected an Antelope Zodiac Gold, couldn't be happier and it has worked flawlessly.
Mark
I'll add my vote for the Mac Mini. I have a MacBook Pro I use for general computing, but got a Mini to use a music server. The Pro is way more expensive, even if you purchase a monitor to use with the Mini (you don't need anything big or fancy -- I bought a used monitor for $40.00 from a pawn shop that works fine), and the MacBook brings nothing extra to the table as a music server. IF anything, the Mini is better because is is quieter (the MacBook fan gets pretty loud sometimes) and has a much smaller footprint. And if you are using it as a dedicated server. you can set it up to automatically rip CDs you insert into the SuperDrive. And if you happen to have an iPhone, iPad or Touch and a wireless network, the Apple Remote app is a joy to use.