Differences Between Esoteric SACD Players

I cannot find a dealer in my area that has the x-03se and the x-05. I am sure there are people who have compared them. Can you give me some idea if you think the x-03se is worth the extra $6-700 extra over the x-05? Finally, is the SA50 close to the x-05? I like the DAC accessability in that unit as I would like to listen to internet radio, but that is not a major decision point for me. I have a large SACD collection so that is the priority. Thanks for your help.
teeshot
I've had the Esoteric SA-50 for 6 months now and love it. By far the best CD player or SACD player I've used. I was hesitant at the price but now consider it an excellent value.
It is very flexible with the upsampling/filtering. I like to convert the CD/PCM stream to DSD, really sweet sounding digital. Much better than my prior efforts with various CD players (MoFi, others) and transport/DACs (Bel Canto, Benchmark, others).
SACD is great. It's Esoteric after all, they are pretty good at SACD.
The icing on the cake is the DAC inputs - toslink & RCA/coax. So I can feed my computer audio files and also a Squeezebox Touch for internet radio. Finally, this thing has got a volume attenuator so you can go direct to a power amp. But it sounds better through a pre-amp.
I did not have a chance to compare it to other Esoteric units, but I've been very pleased with the SA-50 - to the point of having no further upgraditis with regards to CD, SACD or DAC!
One drawback, the USB input is not a good implementation, so you need something else between PC and the SA-50, of which there are many different solutions to choose from.
Good luck, you can't go wrong.
These are excellent responses. Everyone to a person,and I have gotten some emails as well, seems to love their Esoterics and it seems I cannot go wrong. Since the X series is considered to be the better series due to its more sophisticated transport, I just have to decide if I want to spend the extra for the X-03se over the x-05. Again, if you are out there and have directly compared them, please chime in.
I would be patient and see if an X03 comes up in your budget range. The X03 has the improved mechanism, which is really what distinguishes upper end Esoteric players from any other marque, including those which buy the lower-end transport mechanism to put in their SACD players (I once owned the Playback Designs MPS5, which is an excellent product but not relevant here). Having owned a variety of Esoteric gear, I currently own the UX1 among others and love it for the reasons mentioned here. You don't feel like you were at all shorted on what you spent - the engineering, build quality, feature set are all top drawer. If you were to get an X05 you might start ruminating on an upgrade whereas with an X03(SE), you'd probably be set for a while.
I have the X03se and it's the way to go. You see a few here for +\- 4,000.