Ayon CD5 or a super DAC with high resolution files

I am trying to put together a super system, I already have the Ayon Triton a super amp with Zen acoustic crescendos!
The weakest part someone could say its the source CDP sony 5400es that sounds good to me, I was able to listened the Ayon CD7, its was good, the CD5 its supposed to be more like an analog sound CDP.
My questions is if its worthy to spend a fortune on a CDP that only plays red book, but includes a DAC, or go just for a DAC a good one with high resolution files.
As always you guys are my light into this journey!

Thank you again.

and happy new year, all the bless!
128x128junglern
I have not heard the CD-5 or CD-5s directly. There are many who have and love it (and have purchased it and/or reviewed it). It not only appears to be a killer RBCD player and DAC but also a pre-amp please don't forget to factor that into your thinking...
Junglern, in regard to RB only, do you own any SACDs? If not, and you don't listen to a lot of classical & jazz (which makes up most SACD titles), it is unlikely you'll miss SACD. Also remember you can still buy many audiophile RB titles if you dig around.

I have a friend who owns the Crescendos & he finds they sound components upstream, and the CD-5s is a warm sounding player. I own a CD-5s which has a warm, rich, liquid, dynamic & musical sound with great transparency and detail. The Skylla 2 dac (on which the CD-5s is built) is really excellent. My previous CD-5 replaced a Vimak DS-1800mk2 (which is regarded as one of the best sounding delta sigma dacs ever made. It also offers 'true' analogue inputs & a 24/96 asynchronous usb input so you can fully utilise the dac.

Let us know which way you go!
Buy the Bryston player with the Berkeley dac-2 and you will thrilled ,make sure to use a first rate USB cable , as well as digital I use the Wireworld Platinum for both .