Who's Enjoying the Pure Music App Besides Me??

I'm just stunned what this application does for my Itunes database. Much more detail, good tonal balance and great soundstaging. And I don't even have an expensive rig or outboard DAC. I'm usb cabled from my Mac Mini direct into an Outlaw RR2150 receiver that has a usb input. I lied, I am using my VonSchweikert DB99 loudspeakers and they're now getting some frequencies to crank again.
larryken
Me too. I'm never going to be comfortable with computers.Pure Music does sound good. Most of my computer listening is radio, so I'm not sure if it's worth it for me. I have a new Mac Mini that sounds great.
i don,t know how much the pure music will help the sound of radio when they get that released. most radio stations i find at 126 to below 100 kbs. good for music but not critical listening. i am excited about computer audio. i also[at 58 years old] believe that learning never should end. so little time and so many interests.....ha
I've been using PM for a few weeks an like it a lot. I did not notice a huge improvement in sound, though. Perhaps some improvement, but not huge (Amarra didn't do much for me either.) (Equipment: dedicated 4GB Mac Mini, Ayre QB-9 DAC, Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Focal 1007 Be speakers.)

What I like is the crossover and ability to use plugins. I run PM's crossover at 80Hz into an EQ plugin that I use to tame my room modes. I run two DACs: the high-pass output goes to the QB-9 and my Focals, the EQ'ed low-pass goes to an HRT Music Streamer II and on to my subwoofers. I have a subtle EQ on the high-pass channel, too. The crossover lets you set the level and delay of each channel to maximize the integration of the mains and subs. It's pretty slick, and all done in software (where it should be). The PM crossover sounds very transparent, but you could also use a plugin (there are hundreds). I use Blue Cat Audio's Parametr'EQ plugin for my EQ.

(Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.)
I agree with Hotmailjbc. I just installed the trial of Pure Music last night on my Mac Mini and I don't have the think twice. I'm buying it. The low level detail that is now being revealed is astounding. I'm running the memory play, but without the gapless option, and while a bit hickuppy, is doing fine on my current 1 MB of RAM. I will be upgrading to 2 MB asap.

One other thing. In the process of setting up a trial with Pure Music, I had to upgrade the operating system of my Mini from OS X 10.4 to 10.6. I don't understand why, but that upgrade on its own significantly improved the sound.
I use Pure Music 1.72a with Hog, Memory Play, and Preallocation selected. It is exceptional. I tried Amarra 2 versus Pure Music 1.65a and thought PM was clearly better.