The Ultimate SACD Machine

I'm considering getting an SACD player again. I have a number of SACDs but abandoned the format a couple years ago in favor of vinyl.

I am considering mainly the EMM Labs CDSAse or a Marantz SA11S2 or SA7.

Critical information:

- I'm concerned really only with jazz. 40s-60s jazz. (All the new titles on the format has me interested again.)

- As per above, my priorities are truth in timbre and tone and total lack of HF grain or glare. "Analog-like" may have become a cliche but it's what I'm after: though vinyl as a medium is shirley flawed (yes, I meant to call you Shirley), for me it has always given the best sound - meaning the most natural, realistic, and fatigue-free sound.

I expect that the EMM Labs machine has a gap over the Marantz in these qualities. It should, for the price. How large is the gap, for those who have heard both extensively?

Is there another machine I should consider? ($5K used would be absolute top budget and a bit of a stretch.)
paulfolbrecht
I have a Luxman D06, great machine, detailed but sweet, natural sound (not clinical, not hyper-analitic but not warm at all...neutral and uncoloured with no harshness or edges in the high frequencies), it allows to chose DSD or PCM for the SACDs (many SACD, recorded in PCM, sound better in PCM), it has coaxial and optical digital inputs to be used as an external DAC.

I bought D06 to match with Luxman 509u amp and found one of the best (complete, neutral, musical) digital sources in its price range (5/6k), someone say it is better than equal or most priced Accuphase players; there are two nice reviews on the net.
I think the EMM sound on the SACDs I own is just plain awesome. I am really sorry SACD never caught on (like,
unfortunately, MP3). (I have the CDSA and the DCC2/CDSD SE pair.)

I have some SACDs from Cindy Lauper and the Stones and Boston that produce such a joyful sound I wouldn't change a thing. I just sit in wonderment at how musical it is, with full impact and detail but with no abrasiveness or glare.

I am amazed how this technology could pull so much out of this music I have been listening to for 20,30,40 years.
It really provides amazing sound for a relatively small investment in a high-end system. When listening to these great SACDs, I don't think about turntables or upgrading; I just listen and love it.
Hey dumb question. Lots of discussion and such on ripping CD and playing bit perfect to DAC and such. What about SACD? Can this approach be used with SACD or is it locked up?
SACD is locked unless you have professional equipment or use illicit hardware.