Who has found happiness giving up on DACs?

With apologies to the other post (and with tongue planted firmly in cheek) and with all seriousness, I have gone back to a CDP. Right up front I'll admit that I have neither the time, resources and the inevitable inclination to try one DAC after another. My ears will never achieve the amount of abuse that those who have gone before me have had to endure. I do not envy you but am thankful. Its folk like me who rely on the accumulated ken of those who have paved the path to certain and wise choices.
Having said that (in none too correct a fashion), I'd like to hear from those who have gotten off the merry-go-round and settled on a CDP.
128x128nonoise
if it was easy, everyone would be doing it...

Yes, auditioning equipement can be tedious and frustrating, trying to find the perfect symbiosis among numerous variables and relationships. And the more components you have (transport + DAC + cabling) the more complex the process becomes.

Most will settle, few will press-on to peak Everest (with the associated altitude sickness ;)

Yet the truly important thing: is to enjoy yourself
I made the move to a one box CD player several years ago. I currently own an Audio Research CD3 MKII and I am seriously considering getting out of vinyl.
I have only tried 5 or 6 DAC's , but have settled on a sub $1000 Rotel CDP which I think sounds wholly acceptable .
I am strongly disinclined to spend big $$$ on a DAC , which is the same as spending big $$$ on a computer , dead money . After a couple of glasses of single malt I can't notice the difference , and as I get older I want a simpler life .
I've had my TDAC for almost three months now and ther's no way in hell I would go out and spend buco legal tender on a cd player. Just my 0.02
No. I found nirvana with a dcs Purcell upsampler and and dcs Delius DAC, both firewire versions, being fed by an iMac computer (my server). I upsample 44.1 to DSD and I am deeply impressed by the sublime, smooth yet detailed, very clean, musically satisfying sound I am getting. I have been through numerous dacs and one-box CD players and this is the best sound that I have ever had......Not even close...