W4S DAC1 / Stello DA100 / Cary Exciter DAC.

I haven't seen much talk about the Stello. It has every output I could use. I read the 6Moons review on it. Didn't exactly praise it so-to-speak. But for a grand I would expect decent results. I listened to the Cary. Loved it. But I only have it and the Music Hall 25.2 DAC to compare with. I've not heard the W4S DAC1 or 2. That seems to be getting more praise than I'm sure it deserves. Usually I take the band-wagon view when everyone seems to want one thing in particular. But this isn't always a good perspective because it may very well be that good. After all my research these three are what I've narrowed it down to. Well, two if the Stello shouldn't be considered at all. Looks like something geared directly to computer music.

I'm looking for a solid, textured bass response. Excellent clarity and resolution. And of course soundstage. Warmth is not a factor. I will eventually be going all tube so it'll warm up later in the chain. Expression and dynamics are very important. I listen to a lot of classical guitar, contemporary classical, and blues. Thanks for any inputs.
tiggerfc
Just ordered a W4S DAC-1 to replace DacMagic. I based purchased on talking with Walter at UnderwoodWally and reading up on opinions (such as Erikminer). I should have by end of next week.
Very nice. Good luck with that one. Feel free to let me know what your first impressions are of it. I'm about 3 weeks out from picking up a dac so I'm going to keep at this until I finally cave.
Oh S--T.. I sure hope you like it Smholl.. I hope I don't let you down :-)
don't worry it will smoke the Dac M .. what cables are you going to use with it and what source?
Source is Squeezebox Duet with CI Audio power supply. Cables: Zu Cable Ash Digital and Zu Cable Wylde interconnects. I have about 1100 ripped CD's.
DAC-1 should make a nice overall improvement.
Erikminer - You are absolved of all responsibilities.
From what I hear the new SB Touch sounds much better than the Duet, such that the Duet maybe going bye bye. May want to add that to the seemingly never ending upgrade path: -)