CD and SACD player under $500

I am considering upgrading my CD/SACD player. I am currently using a stock Sony SCD-C555ES. Can anyone recommend a used player under $500 that would be a signifigant improvement? This is in my 2 channel system but I do need SACD capability as I have a large collection.

Thanks!

Mark
mhedges
Pioneer Elite DV-58av universal player. They are disappearing but around new for $299 - $399. These are universal players with careful attention to the analog output section, and great DACs. On 2ch audio, this deck is richer and more musical than an Oppo 83 and bests anything else I've heard under $500. Also, if you can pop for a bit more, NAD M55s are showing up between $650 - $800. Battleship build, also punches well above its weight. But the DV58av will give it a run.

Phil
Thanks for all the recommendations. I actually already have a OPPO 83 in my AV system- it doesn't get a ton of use so I will steal it from there for a while and try it in my 2 channel system. First I want to break it in a little as the CD and SACD sections have gotten basically no use.

Sonystyle is out of the Sony 595 or I probably would give it a try.

I figured my best bet was older flagship DVD players which are selling at steep discounts thanks to Blu Ray. I am somewhat familiar with the Sony and Denon offerings but had not considered Marantz or Pioneer Elite. I will have to take a look at them.

Mark
Ive heard some nice things about the NAD S500 SILVERLINE. Ive read that it isint in the same boat as the typical nad players. The last one sold for just under 300. New i think they were like 1500. Ive used the middle of the road marantz and Ive had the oppo dv 980h, there ok players but nothing amazing. Another one Ive heard that I really liked is the REGA APOLLO, You can get one of those right at 500 here on AGON. I liked that player because it had a real laid back sound and didnt seem to "digital" like some of the other players. If it were me Id first do the REGA APOLLO, or second Id check out the NAD S500.
Does anyone know if the Sony DVP-S9000ES would be an improvement?

I didn't mention it before but one thing that is prompting this upgrade is that I want 100% reliable no hassle SACD playback, which is something I have not been able to get from the SCD-C555ES despite the fact that it has been in for service 3 times.

Mark