CD and SACD player under $500

I am considering upgrading my CD/SACD player. I am currently using a stock Sony SCD-C555ES. Can anyone recommend a used player under $500 that would be a signifigant improvement? This is in my 2 channel system but I do need SACD capability as I have a large collection.

Thanks!

Mark
mhedges

Showing 2 responses by mhedges

Thanks for all the recommendations. I actually already have a OPPO 83 in my AV system- it doesn't get a ton of use so I will steal it from there for a while and try it in my 2 channel system. First I want to break it in a little as the CD and SACD sections have gotten basically no use.

Sonystyle is out of the Sony 595 or I probably would give it a try.

I figured my best bet was older flagship DVD players which are selling at steep discounts thanks to Blu Ray. I am somewhat familiar with the Sony and Denon offerings but had not considered Marantz or Pioneer Elite. I will have to take a look at them.

Mark
Does anyone know if the Sony DVP-S9000ES would be an improvement?

I didn't mention it before but one thing that is prompting this upgrade is that I want 100% reliable no hassle SACD playback, which is something I have not been able to get from the SCD-C555ES despite the fact that it has been in for service 3 times.

Mark