CD and SACD player under $500

I am considering upgrading my CD/SACD player. I am currently using a stock Sony SCD-C555ES. Can anyone recommend a used player under $500 that would be a signifigant improvement? This is in my 2 channel system but I do need SACD capability as I have a large collection.

Thanks!

Mark
mhedges
Denon DVD 3910 - can be had $300 +/- all day long. Excellent player that is well-built and can serve as a decent transport if you'd like to add a DAC later.
Try the Denon 3930CI. In fact, I will be happy to sell you one for $389.00 including shipping anywhere in the USA. This was an excellent machine and would be perfect in your quest for finding an excellent cd/sacd machine. It originally cost me approximately $1500. I have the original machine which is in perfect condition, manual, remote, box and all cables and you would not be able to tell that it is anything but brand new.
Pioneer Elite DV-58av universal player. They are disappearing but around new for $299 - $399. These are universal players with careful attention to the analog output section, and great DACs. On 2ch audio, this deck is richer and more musical than an Oppo 83 and bests anything else I've heard under $500. Also, if you can pop for a bit more, NAD M55s are showing up between $650 - $800. Battleship build, also punches well above its weight. But the DV58av will give it a run.

Phil
Thanks for all the recommendations. I actually already have a OPPO 83 in my AV system- it doesn't get a ton of use so I will steal it from there for a while and try it in my 2 channel system. First I want to break it in a little as the CD and SACD sections have gotten basically no use.

Sonystyle is out of the Sony 595 or I probably would give it a try.

I figured my best bet was older flagship DVD players which are selling at steep discounts thanks to Blu Ray. I am somewhat familiar with the Sony and Denon offerings but had not considered Marantz or Pioneer Elite. I will have to take a look at them.

Mark