Rotel RCD-1070 replacement

I bought it new about 10 years ago, but haven't used it on a regular basis. On several occasions has had problems causing it to skip all over the place during play back (even on new discs). Maybe the problem is due to lack of use? Cost to diagnose will be $40-$150. So my questions...

1. Anyone familiar with it, or have tips on how to fix it?
2. Should I sell it and put the money toward another CDP?
3. Anyone know the value or want to buy it in this condition?
peterman1983
Rega has a trade-in special going on now. 15% off of the Apollo and 25% of of the Saturn with trade-in of any CDP -working or not. I currently have a RC-1072 and am cintmeplating a Saturn. My dealer will take trade-in and plus give me some more off - total OTD price will be $1530.
My new laser/pickup came today... just did the swap. I haven't powered it back up yet. The original one had some white grease on it where it slid on the little rod, and I was wondering if there is a specific type I should use there. I'd like to get it greased back up before I use it again.

Miner42, thanks for the tip, but $1530 is way beyond my price range right now. However, I am considering an entry level Rega turntable in the near future.
I've heard the Rotel RCD-1072 and it sounds great. You can find them for about $400 used.
The white grease may be a type of white lithium grease available at auto parts store (not the spray on). Another possibility would be some white Japanese grease (shietzu?) available at Honda dealers.

The Rega Apollo CDP with trade-in would be about $850.
The problem with your Rotel RCD-1070 is not due to a lack of use. Skipping and not spinning up after a number of years is a common problem with that unit. My 1070 was doing the exact same thing after working flawlessly for years. I took it in for service and it was said to be the belts and laser being out of adjustment. It worked for about a month or so and then the problem reappeared. In short, I bailed on it and bought a Bryston BCD-1. I sold the Rotel to a friend for $100, he's going to try and have it repaired again. Do some research, the problem with the Rotel is not at all uncommon.