Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
For those of you using the Modwright Sony 5400, any power cord recommendations for the transport and the PS9?

Thanks,
Lubes3
Yes Audiomagic makes a totally new technology as in their new line of cables they are a liquid polymer and donot have the inherent drawbacks of a metal based cable such as emi and rfi these cables have none of that and even the entry level cord has beaten other brands at 2x the cost .
Yes even a power cord for the 4pin xlr umbilical power cord.
hi wa6itd:

my friend has the ayre 5 and raves about it. i have not heard it.

i am curious why you prefer the sony ?

i am also wondering which of the two players is more full-bodied and how both react to poorly recorded cds.
The sony is a good machine for the money and is quite forgiving of poor recordings.However I recently picked up a Weiss Dac2 to try.I used the Sony as the transport.The bottom line is I never heard digital this good( ever).In fact I didn't know it was possible for it to be this good. I guess I just got lucky on system synergy.Some recordings are so lifelike it is hard to believe it is coming from a stereo.
Of course all this is my subjective opinion.As always YMMV .