Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
I would simply say the Sony XA5400es is a sensual aural experience.
What I most observe is listening intently or casually with the same enjoyment.
I heard Indigo girls "Become You" on SACD today.
Excellent album,whereas on regular CD I didn't realize it was such a strong performance.
The timbre & balance of frequences are terrific
The Sony is Inspired!
I bought a Sony XA5400es and I'm very pleased. Granted, you don't get the "cool factor" of owning a boutique or lesser known brand but mine bests these players (all of which I've owned) in my system:

Accuphase DP-57
Meridian 508..24
Linn Ikemi
Resolution Audio Opus 21
Electrocompanient EMP-1UP
Musical Fidelity A5
Ayre CX-7e

My System:
Gamut PreAmp
Spendor S9 speakers
TAD-70 Amp

I have had sony scd-1, MF A5, simaudio moon eclipse, esoteric XO-3 se, bryston bcd-1.
It doesn't have the razor sharp imaging of some of these units but tonally it is better than any of them ( imo). At a msrp of $1500 I can't think of anything that would touch it.
Makes you think, what else is out there that will better the rest of your $30,000.00 system for a fraction of the cost.
Sony has alot of pride and must spend painstaking hours perfecting their task.
I don't think they make money with some products,it's more of a statement.As with the SCD-1,I had heard Sony lost money on that venture.More desire to get it right then profit drivin.
They have alot of integrety & ingenuity/