PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport/DAC experiences

I want to know your experience with the PS Audio Perfect Wave combo.
Could you compare with other CD Players ?
Do you use them with or without preamplifier ?
I will apreciate your opinions and experiences.
Thanks
elduende14
Is it just me or do the displays on these units look,how say I say this,cheesy?Just my thoughts.
Sorry,should read:

Is it just me or do the displays on these units look,how shall I say this,cheesy?Just my thoughts.

I was peckin' faster than I was thinkin' !!!!!
Yes, I think they could have done better. A glass cover would have been better than the plastic. I would guess that the displays could be reprogramed and changed at some point. I believe they are considering it. However the units do sound better when the displays are turned off, like many other products. However, I've seen components that look a lot plainer, and whose looks might make me hesitate to purchase them. The sound is sure impressive though.
I recently purchased the PW combo on Audiogon and was instantly thrilled with the performance. I do not use a preamp. I am still testing HDMI cables between the DAC and the Transport. I have tried a single crystal copper cable by Harmonic Technologies. I have just purchased an Audioquest HDMI-3 cable which is a silver coated copper cable but I have not yet made the comparison. An Audiogon member advised me that pure copper would provide the best sound. A person from PS Audio swore that its I2S-12 silver copper cable could not be beat. I will let my ears decide. But in all events, my jaw dropped to the ground when I played Carmina Burana SACD. My wife and family members couldn't believe the quality of the sound. I am not able to describe the sound in the audiophile terms so frequently used on this site, but in laymen's terms, the detail of the music stood out in bold relief. For example, in one song bells are rung and the ring kept ringing and ringing and ringing.... I think they may call this sustain. Based upon my brief experience with the PW combo I can highly recommend it and do not regret the purchase.

Good luck.
I am using the Perfect Wave DAC with a Macbook. I purchased from Underwood, where Walter gave me a generous trade on a Musical Fidelity A5 CDP (with Underwood Level 2 mods). I was using a Marsh 2000b, which I sold off and am now going preless into an Odyssey Dual Mono.

Although the trade made it impossible to do an A/B, the PW set up sounds very distinctly better than the A5. Deeper and more articulate bass, better detail, less limited "sweet spot," etc. A more natural sound overall.

Upgrading a stock USB cord to a Locus Design Polestar between MAC and DAC made a noticeable improvement.

I also changed the powercord on the DAC, an entry level PS Audio, to Chris Hoff's new BPT design.

I upgraded the interconnects, Gronneberg RCA, to BPT's new silver interconnect, balanced.

The BPT cables improved things noticeably as well: more detail, better low end, more lifelike -- highly recommended.

In short, I am very pleased indeed with the Perfect Wave DAC. If you are contemplating making the move to "computer audio" -- IMO, an excellent idea -- the Perfect Wave is worth considering.

John