bel canto dac 3 cd 2 owners

hi, I have the cd2 transport dac 3 digital front end, and next week I am going to add the new vps power supply, which takes place of the power supply in both the cd2 and dac 3, has any one out there done this yet ? is it worth the money ? I know that better power supplies make about anything sound better, but this is a $2,000 upgrade so I hope its worth it ! thanks, chris
chrissain
Yes, the VB Ref cable goes between the VBS and the DAC3.5VB in place of the standard power supply cable. The VB Ref cable is clearly identified on the heat shrink and is thicker than the standard cable. In the Stereophile review they stated that it made a more significant difference than the different digital cables they tried. I agree with your assessment of the Mk. II upgrade, it makes an already great DAC truly spectacular as it is now so musically effortless and much more engaging!
I ordered the VB Ref for the CD2 and the DAC3.5VBII ;)

I'll have to wait for the cables.
So, how long did it take to get an RMA number from Bel Canto? I requested
an RMA for the upgrade more than a week ago and I am still waiting.
I received an RMA within a day after submitting a request on their website. I'd suggest sending an email to Matt bringing your request to his attention. Matt's email address is: mcramer {at} belcantodesign.com . Hope that this helps!