VPI to What

Lots of Vpi's up for sale what are people trading to??

128x128hiend2

I loved my VPI Aries for well over a decade. The unipivot arm works well. I think if I had to do it over again I would have gone up a couple levels in VPI. Not that I don’t love my current system.

for those that disparage the unipivot.......there is an inexpensive item called the 2nd pivot which stablizes the arm better.....the sound is still great.

I debated on VPI but decided on Acoustic Signature NEO Hurricane with their TA-5000 9 inch arm. Very please after 18 months. Great table. I especially like the twin motor so there is balanced force against the main spindle the platter rest on. 30 kg so a solid foundation as well. 

I been using a VPI HW19 Mark 3 with a SME 309 arm for over 30 years and I still enjoy it! If I ever decided to change tables ( probably never ) I would be a lookin’ at a Technics DD. My friend owns one and he raves about it!

I owned a VPI Scoutmaster fitted with a Dynavector XXV MK II. I used a PS Audio phono for awhile but wasn't satisfied. I upgraded to an Rogue Audio Aeris phono which was better but, I still like my digital setup better. 

Sold the VPI and Aeris for a Rega P10 - Alpheta 3 cart mated to an Allnic H5500 phono. That was a massive upgrade. On a whim I plugged my Allnic phono into the aux port of my 1977 Yamaha CR820 and my Technics SL1800. That was amazingly good, so much so, I kept in there in a third system inside my HT room.

Now I'm pulling the trigger on the MoFi Master phono and upgrading the Rega's Alpheta 3 to the Aphelion 2 cartridge. I'm hopeful to have my vinyl collection sing as well if not better than my digital rigs.