PSVANE Discussion & Impressions Thread

Hi everyone,

We are the official PSVANE team, and we are thrilled to announce the release of our latest Horizon series vacuum tubes. This discussion thread is dedicated to engaging with you and addressing any questions you might have about PSVANE vacuum tubes.

With 16 years of experience in the tube sector, our team is empowered by many seasoned experts. We invite everyone to join in sharing, communicating, and discussing any questions and knowledge about vacuum tubes here.

128x128alightronics

Didn’t PSVANE buy out the TJ FullMusic stuff when that company discontinued? I forget if it was large power tubes or all tubes. It would be of interest - where that could go.

Seems PSVANE has less competition in China than before the pandemic, and now with Russia also largely off production... I don’t suspect these things will depress PSVANE prices, and for technology that is physically and environmentally challenging to make, higher costs should be expected today - not the opposite ( @knotscott 😉 ). These devices are kinda like camera film nowadays - fun as they may be, they are super niche!

Anecdotally, I’ve had a good time with PSVANE and FullMusic preamp tubes.

@milpai 

For audio vacuum tubes, the hierarchy of our product line is as follows:
Basic:HIFI、UK
Selected:HORIZON、ART
Premium:WE、ACME

The HORIZON Series is our latest line, featuring a more neutral sound compared to the Art Series and incorporating the latest technologies, such as HPC coating.

In terms of quality, our Horizon 12 series (12AU7、12AX7、12BH7) uses the latest internal reinforcement technology, resulting in improved durability.

@alightronics Well, you at least got me to look.  I was largely unimpressed with the pricing until I realized they were 2-packs....12BH7 and 12AX7 added to my watchlist. 😎

I own four tube amplifiers, a tube pre/SS power hybrid, and a vintage SS power and preamplifier.  Actually five tube amps if I count my father’s HH Scott 222C that is in need of a full restoration.  I listen to all of them regularly except the HH Scott. Depending on the amp, they run several of the more common audio tubes including12AX7,12AT7, 6SN7, 6SL7, EL34, 6L6, 6550, KT77, KT88, 300b, and 845. I have a ton (read too many) NOS tubes except the 300b and 845, Those NOS too rare, too $$$.  

I’d be interested in trying the Horizon line, particularly the 300b and 845.  I’ve seen a couple of YouTube reviews.  Who are the US distributors and where can the Horizon line be purchased? I haven’t been able to find any information online other than the YouTube reviews.  
Thanks

@benanders Your information is correct, and your understanding of the costs is accurate as well.😁

With fewer manufacturers, the price of upstream raw materials has increased due to reduced demand, which has also led to higher production costs for us.