Best upgrade path from Borresen X3s

I have Forte3 integrated amplified and Borrsesn X3 speakers. I'm quite satisfied and I'm wondering what some "old heads" here would recommend as my upgrade path in 6 months to a year. I want to start saving now for that. Also I have about $20k worth of AGD's resonance and noise reducing accessories.

Thanks for you help. I'm a newbie to audiophile audio.

stanleo

I’m looking to improve my sound with my next upgrade. I imagine I can save $10-$15k over the next year to upgrade, I’ve been thinking the X6 speakers would be logical. My dealer will give me 100% trade in on any upgrades I buy from them for the first 3 years.

The X3 is considered somewhat a sonic bargain, so topping it may be costly. If you like the Borresen sound, then go up the line.  If other brands, it's best to demo for yourself.  

I’m looking to improve my sound with my next upgrade.

That’s too vague to make any meaningful recommendations.  What specific areas would you like to improve?  If that’s at all hard to answer then the best thing to do is go listen to other speakers to see what you might like better.  If you don’t have some good dealers that are close enough then go to a major audio show or two so you can hear many other speakers and then go from there.

Another option if you like what you have but are just looking for “more” then adding a couple good subs can make a world of difference and be a huge upgrade.  The X3 only goes down to 35Hz so there’s likely a lot more to be had by simply adding subs.  Just another thought FWIW.

D2 Powerswitch and a D2 Ethernet cable between the router and the switch. Quite the difference.

I heard Michael Borresen say in a recent interview that Borresen Acoustics will produce a sub. Waiting for that might be a good plan. I have the power cables you mentioned and they were quite an upgrade.