Comparison of various subwoofers for 2 channel audio

I have a 2 channel audio system, and I appreciate how subwoofers have augmented the sound quality of my system (with electrostatic speakers).  I currently am using a pair of Martin Logan Balanced Force 212 subwoofers, but I’m thinking about adding more subwoofers for a total of four in order to help balance the low frequency sound waves.  I’m considering adding a pair of Rythmik, SVS, or perhaps Velodyne subwoofers to the system.  Does anyone have experience with many of those brands, and how well they integrate with electrostatic speakers in a 2 channel system, or perhaps should I just get a second pair custom built with certain specifications?  
Thanks.

drbond

How is the bass in the main listening position? Most rooms only need two subs for even bass optimized for a single seat. More is always better but may not be need.

Far more important is how are you going to control 4 subs? Are you going to crossover to them (highpass) Keep them all the same distance from the main seat? If they are not the same distance time delays will be needed. 

all the subs you mentioned are fine. I would just buy another  212 as it is a great sub too. My only issue with SVS is the very high group delay. It might be hard to tune those with electrostatic speakers. I personally would look at Rythmic in your list. The F18s are a great buy, and yes bigger is always better…

It’s really hard to see going wrong with a couple Rhythmik F12G subs and along with your MLs should be quite something using all four.  FWIW, and best of luck.

I use 4 subs in a distributed bass array (swarm) and have never had better low frequency reproduction.

From what I have read, the integration of the subs is more a result of the interface/crossover and less about the brand of sub used. I have 3 Rel's and 1 SVS.

I use a MiniDsp 2 x 4 HD to set the crossover for individual subs.

@carlsbad2 

Just prefer the natural sound, as I only listen to acoustic music.

@james633 

The bass in the listening position is great.  Near perfect, although perhaps slightly loose on occasion.  I was just going to daisy chain the two subs off the first two, using only the incorporated LPF, and they’d probably only be a slightly different distance from the listening position.  This would be more of an auditory experiment, as I’m not sure it’s going to be any better, and I suppose it could be slightly worse, although I doubt it.  Many listeners have reported significant improvement with more than 2 subs, so I figured it should be worth a shot.  If it’s worse, I suppose I would then compare 2 different brands of subs running in pairs, as an A-B and keep the pair that I prefer.