Power Cables

Any recommendations for power cables under $500 for 

Streamers or DACs?

Please tell me your reasons for any you recommend. 
Thanks.

jfrmusic

I use Pangea for all my equipment (Spectral Audio mono amps and pre amp, and Bricasti M21 DAC) for th dynamic sound, cost convivence and build quality.

@mikhailark

I think I took my first class in TCP/IP in the late 90s? I’ve been in IT for thirty five years and been in charge of global networks for decades. Best to listen and not theorize.

@knownothing - when analog is involved - sure. DAC, for example. When it is is pure network device - nope. Or else somehow Word files would arrive modified over the Net. 

@ghdprentice great, so what is your theory. Cables at data centers are pretty standard, as you know. So what 6ft of expensive cable would change in the rack operation.

I’ve used Acoustic Zen, Nordost, and Morrow power cables on my components. All three improved the sound noticeably on my Cambridge Audio 851n streamer/DAC and my Oppo 83 which I use for SACD. A more subtle improvement on my Bel Canto PRE5 preamp, and no difference to speak of on my Bel Canto 500M monoblocks. In the end I kept the Morrow MAP3s and sold the others. They may have sounded very very slightly better than the Morrows, but the Morrows are so much easier to snake through my cabinet. My theory is that less sophisticated power supplies in components react more to upgraded power chords.