Power Cables

Any recommendations for power cables under $500 for 

Streamers or DACs?

Please tell me your reasons for any you recommend. 
Thanks.

jfrmusic

@ghdprentice may I suggest you study network protocols and operating systems?

Oops. Me thinks someone finally just barked up the wrong tree of a fellow IT guy who actually knows what he’s talking about when it comes to digital audio. 🍿🍿🍿

Post removed 

@mikhailark my rudimentary understanding is that better power cables can help improve sound from digital equipment in several ways.  One is reducing resistance from the outlet to the IEC inlet, supplying current as needed, why OCC copper wire can sound different from OFC, and silver power cables and connectors can sound very different.  Another is keeping noise out of the power supply cable from surrounding cables, power supplies and processors. The last is keeping noise that might be generated in the digital device from interacting with other devices or cables, especially low level signal cables, along the length of the power supply cable in a system setup.

In even simple systems (by network standards), the performance of a power or signal cable is not just about the relationship of that piece of gear to the wall or the connected box, it is about the sum of interactions between power, digital and analog cables and whatever is going on in and around all the boxes they connect.  Computer networking logic does not necessarily apply in a consumer hifi setup because while significantly more complex in terms of components, none of the signals are critically important low or high level analog signals that degrade the moment they leave the electronics where they are generated or amplified.  

Hifi cabling is a system that can be optimized to achieve lower noise and more enjoyment.  But each cable application must be seen as a part of an overall system design.  Because there is no standardization from one hifi system to the next in the quality of the wall power, the performance envelope and isolation inherent in the individual boxes and wires used, and how closely the boxes and wires are arrayed in space, the only real way to optimize the cable system is through trial, error and success.  In my experience, this includes experimentation with power cables on the “computers” in your rack.  YMMV.

kn