Power Cables

Any recommendations for power cables under $500 for 

Streamers or DACs?

Please tell me your reasons for any you recommend. 
Thanks.

jfrmusic

If you must have a fancy power cord the voodoo cables black magic cord looks nice, is heavy gauge, well made, for $325. I bought it not expecting to hear a difference, and, I don’t. But I do like well made things, and frankly it just looks cool having an anaconda feeding my Hegel h390. :)

@mbarrett635 

Actually I just ordered an Ice Age Frakencable power cable last night to try. Should have it by Monday. It shipped today. 

+ 1 for Ice Age Frakencable power cable.

Why ? Becouse it plays like 10 times more expensive and it is cryo-treated.

I have had Pine Tree Audio cables throughout my system. Silver coated copper or all OCC copper.  Nice workmanship and a nice guy.  Neutral and detailed for interconnects.  Then I thought,  what the heck for $200 I got some speaker wires, silver coated copper with locking 45° Rhodium coated banana plugs.  This really made my system sound better.  I had spades which I could not keep tight.  I really liked listening to the silver coated copper interconnects.  These are all Chinese but the workmanship is good .  While I listened to this set, I sent my Pine Tree  Audio Ribbon speaker wires to have the same Rhodium connectors installed.  The silver sounded good. Then I got the ribbons back.  After about a week, they made my system sound accurate, detailed, wonderful voices,  bass a little more power and tight.  The ribbons are staying and I still have all the silver coated interconnect and coax.  Power cords are all Pine Tree.  My system is really quiet.

@megabyte 

If you must have a fancy power cord the voodoo cables black magic cord looks nice, is heavy gauge, well made, for $325. I bought it not expecting to hear a difference, and, I don’t. But I do like well made things, and frankly it just looks cool having an anaconda feeding my Hegel h390. :)

Ha, that's funny, and true. I have a VooDoo infinity 20amp feeding my T+A , and it looks nasty! But it DID open up the amp a lot compared to the stock cord.

Too heavy for the average DAC though!