Power Cables

Any recommendations for power cables under $500 for 

Streamers or DACs?

Please tell me your reasons for any you recommend. 
Thanks.

jfrmusic

GR Research power cables are within your budget and work well digital sources.  I replaced my Pangeas with them.  And you can return if you don't like them - the only way to buy cables.

@jfrmusic 

what’s the rest of your system?

Audioquest NRG4 power cables have been as much as 60% off lately and I bought a couple “Open Box” to try and so far they sound good. They were like $140 each.  Another power cable I’ve been using is the Audience F3. They are half price all over, like $150 a piece.

All the best.

The WireWorld Electra and Silver Electra line is a good value for source components, shielded and all OCC copper.

I haven't seen this recommended yet so I'll weigh in:  Ice Age Audio (iceageaudio.com).

I just purchased their "FrankenCable" power cords, along with their OFC speaker cables and interconnects.  Because I replace all three at the same time, I can't attribute the difference I'm hearing solely to the power cords, but I was blown away at the difference in what I heard.  Much better sound stage, and the clarity and detail in the music was mind blowing.  After installing them, I started listening to some music to see if I could hear a difference, and ended up listening for hours.  It was like hearing things for the first time.

The best part is that, compared to many other brands, they are MUCH less expensive.  I can't say enough good things about them (and I also have to admit, I used to be part of the "can wires really make that much of a difference" school of thought). 

I'm listening to music on an EverSolo DMP-A8 > Parasound A51 > Usher Dancer Mini-2 Diamonds.

If you must have a fancy power cord the voodoo cables black magic cord looks nice, is heavy gauge, well made, for $325. I bought it not expecting to hear a difference, and, I don’t. But I do like well made things, and frankly it just looks cool having an anaconda feeding my Hegel h390. :)