Power Cables

Any recommendations for power cables under $500 for 

Streamers or DACs?

Please tell me your reasons for any you recommend. 
Thanks.

jfrmusic

I think JB is saying don't waste your money as a power chord is a power chord and will sound the same.

Power cords don’t sound the same as I’ve experienced differences with my Amps power cord. 

@audphile1 

Curious did you find a bigger improvement when you placed the Nordost on the DAC vs the Streamer? Which had the most impact to an upgraded cord?

Nice @hilde45, your link is to a post by Elizabeth. I haven’t seen anything from her in quite some time. I hope she is well.

To the OP, if you want to do something without going down a rabbit hole, I agree the Pangea cords should work well. OFC copper is good, PVC insulation is good for a power cord, and the shielding is excellent, which is important for front-end components. A braid shield typically provides about 80-95 percent coverage but the foil provides 100 percent coverage and having both should make the cord quite immune to picking up EMI/RFI. 14 awg wire size per pole should be plenty for the power draw by a front-end component. The PCOCC conductor is overkill for a PC, IMO. Pangea’s connectors are molded to the cord if that matters to you, and I don’t have any experience with how well they stay seated, although maybe better than some "audiophile" cords since the connectors wouldn’t be as heavy.

Check back in and let us know what you did and whether you hear a difference.

"Stop listening to audiophools and their drivel about power cords!"

Consider yourself lucky that you can't hear any difference. Definitely will save you some money.

That cross section view of pangea is ugly.

Edit:  just realized that it is made with a saw.  Those solder joints look uncrimped to me.  You want good copper-to-copper contact with the solder holiding all in place,   You don't want the electrons travelling through large masses of lead and tin.