Still Looking for a DAC - Audio Mirror Tubadour v and ANK Audio 5.1

So, folks, after returning the Lab12 DAC Reference due to its incompatibility with my CDP, I’m still looking for one. There are two devices that I’m interested in - Audio Mirror Tubadour V and ANK Audio 5.1 Signature or Professional 

If anyone is familiar with those please do share your thoughts.

Thanks 

128x128hasmarto

I’m very glad it’s working out for you and I’m sure it will get better. My Audio Note sounded good out of the box, but much better after about 2 months. Also, with any dacs, but especially tubes, IMO, warm up time makes a difference. For me an hour is minimum, but after 2 it’s even better. I was considering an AM, as Vlad seems to also believe in non-oversampling chips and no traditional filtering as does AN, but as the AM prices rose significantly with the new models, the  price difference wasn’t that much. 

Hey, folks, I guess a little update is in order, I promise I’ll be short :)

The unit went through different stages of transformation, and when it finally settled down I couldn’t believe my ears - the sound was smooth, big and immensely enjoyable. Gone were those irritating frequencies, and it’s not that I got used to them, my tinnitus won’t let me. As of now, I can’t remove it from my system, it sounds so pure I can’t even describe it.

I also tried using it with all-silver cabling, and the result was great, no irritation of any kind, even my Nordost Silver Shadow sounds great.

In short it’s an extremely musical device, and highly recommended.

I sent Vlad WE 417a tubes, and he’s making adapters, I’m very curious about their capabilities.

So, this is all for now. Thanks to everyone for participating in this thread.

Oh, forgot to mention that the size was a big factor for getting it since I have very little space on my rack.