What was the most expensive record that you ever bought ?

Not how much you paid, though we could post this too.

My most expensive record is Japanese pro first pressing of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis. It sounds better than any other pressing, though I don't have US test pressing, which might sound better still. I paid, I think, $170 for it including shipping from Japan.

inna

I remember when many of the Classic Records archives were hawked on eBay, maybe ten years back, a test press 45 set of the Zeppelin BBC sessions went up. I forget how much it ended on - it wasn’t cheap but I was a little surprised it didn’t go higher. Silly listed prices on Discogs and similar can train people to think stuff is much more “stupid valuable” than it actually is.

But $750 for the whole catalogue is cool!! 😎

I paid $110 for this Japanese, Steely Dan compilation.

It was in much worse condition than I was expecting.

Like the cover art and the obie, but the scratches and popsake this purchase quite meh for me.

Steely Dan Japanese Compilation

None of the records that I bought on ebay from Japan were over graded, though I mostly bought from three or four particular people. Often the condition was better than promised and the records had been cleaned.

I have to cheat a bit and say $450 for the 250th Anniversary CD box set of the complete recordings of Beethoven on the D.G. lable.