Would you still pay $10k or more for a turntable not full analog front end these days ?

Or you would rather pay that for a streamer ?

inna

@mikhailark I asked questions in that thread that would have clarified that a 10K streamer does something different than a 1K streamer and I never got a fair response or explanation. I just wanted to learn and understand what would/could be the reason for the difference and the conversation fizzled out without an answer. The answers that were provided with all that bit-perfect stuff would have proved your point.

No, I don’t buy $$$ power cables either. I know physics. What is your point?

@mikhailark My point is simply that more expensive streamers can and do sound much better than a $2k streamer while you think a $2k streamer sounds as good as pricier streamers because you write code and therefore know everything for certain. Again, do you honestly think all the experienced people here who’ve spent >$2k on a streamer because it sounded better are just fools who’ve been duped? Because that’s exactly what you’re saying here.

@soix - I said everyone is free to spend their money the way that want. They are also free to think what they want. They may even disagree with professionals. Their choice.

But stream is exactly the same in $1K streamer (actually, in $50 streamer) as it is in $10K streamer. 

$2K streamer has better screen, nice chassis and good app to control it. Someone engineered and made custom device and needs to be paid. But this has nothing to do with bits.

I am not naming any names and I am not ASR guy that tries to argue everything to a bitter end. I provide professional opinion. What are going to do with it - your choice.