Seeking Warm Towers - under $1500.

OK,
Yes I am a newbie.

Lokking for advice as to what speakers to seek out listen and eventually buy...

Background:
Pairing with Adcom GFA-545II and the GTP-500II. for a two channel setup.

Am going FLAC and will buy, in all likelyhood, a PS Digital Link DAC and squeezebox or comparable.

Now comes the speakers. The benchmark speaker for me are the Totem Forest's(4k). There are not many shops near me to test listen. but I have tried Monitor's, Paradigm's, Genelec, and The Forest's were it by a country mile.

music consists of primarily vocal & blues.

I am all ears as to suggestions.

Thank you
tballman
Onix Rockets are a true bargain in your price range. Sold direct from av123.com
The other obvious choice is Vandersteen 2ce or older 2ci. Search the archives, they're the #1 selling audiophile of all time, and w/good reason. They do everything pretty well, and err on the warm side, so they are a bit more forgiving of less than stellar electronics(such as Adcom -- no slam intended, but you should eventually consider upgrading those).
Totem Arros are nice, sorta like the Forests, but belong in smallish rooms. Keep that in mind. Cheers,
Spencer
www.mayaudio.com they are selling out there castle harlechs for under 1100 bucks....they were a steal even for a retail of over 2300 bucks. heirloom quality in furniture, and sound as good as anything in the 3 to 5k range. a classic british loudspeaker
I always liked the several years old NHT speakers; am using the ST-4 in one of my systems and like them a lot; they were also generally highly rated and they look great. Since they were popular, it's easy to find a used pair; there are couple of pairs now on 'gon.
If you can tolerate used speakers (it sure didn't bother me [smile]), it'd be hard to beat the Gallo Ref. 3s - see them on Audiogon for $1450-$1800.

-RW-