Cambridge Audio 840C

Has anyone compared this cd player to the Bryston BCD-1 or perhaps the PrimaLuna Prologue 8?
roblanger
Ditto Drubin, I also wonder if anyone has used the Burson with success. At its price it seems too good to be true.
If you audition the 840C, make sure you try more than one interconnect. On my system it sounded blah and boring with the Cardas Neutral Reference that my old CDP liked, to the point that I was thinking of selling it. Then I tried Zu Varials and the 840C came alive and became a keeper.
Dave_b

I was initailly looking to go with a 2-channel RB player rather than SACD. I have an SCD-C555ES that is in need of service, thus the reason for looking into new players.

Have you been able to compare the RB playback of the Sony to either the Cambridge, Bryston or PrimaLuna?
I know this may sound surprising, but after listening to the 840c with Harmonic Tech, Tara and Synergisitc ICs, my favorite IC is a Mapleshade thin ribbon cable that I bought from an audio friend. This has all the spacial and extension qualities I like. Who woulda known? Anyone else like these?