For city apartment dweller audiophiles. Have you ever had neighbors banging on your walls?

I try to be considerate when I play my music but recently I put footers under the spikes of my speakers very highly recommended here. People claiming improvements in sound and a godsend when you need to move them to get behind certain components. I was listening to music and in the middle of a cut I paused my cd transport placed the new footers under the spikes and then I started the player without changing the volume. The music was noticeably louder and I had to turn it down.

Well two days after I was playing music at 8AM no louder than I've been playing it for years and I get banging on my bedroom wall. I listen in my living room so next to it is my bedroom and then the bedroom of my neighbor. The last time it happened was many many years ago and it wasn't music it was a man talking on FM radio. I sensed there was a change in the presence of the music with the new footers but that big of a difference? We have very good sound proofing here and there was a time when I could play Wagner at 5am before work and nobody complained.

Could footers make that much of a difference? I did notice an improvement in presence as well. I do not know this neighbor and she's been living here a few years.

Anybody else have a similar situation when they changed something in their system or maybe you were just playing music too loudly without realizing it?

roxy1927

@czarivey Sounds like a dream. Imagine quietness and contemplation instead of leaveblowers, OSHA beepers, and piped muzak?

I can't imagine me being watched or be within the "quiet heaven" boundaries and regulations. It puts me too far away from life and common sense.

Music is a nuisance noise when played overly loud and others are forced to endure it. It's not like the person in control of the VC, got a knock on the door requesting the Volume is Cranked Up.

It's more likely the second bottle of Red, has just about laid all inhibitions and concerns for oneself in a community environment to bed.

As for Banging on Walls, one Couple we had as neighbours would end up Banging their Beads Head Board ferociously against the party wall shortly after I started playing my Barry White Albums 🎵🎶, someone was making sweet music 😍.