Would I benefit with Roon?

I use a Bluesound Node 2i with a power supply upgrade in my main system and a Vault 2i in my second system. The Vault has about 800 CDs and my old iTunes in it. They are both on the same LAN so I can access either and listen anywhere in my home. I stream mostly Qobuz, Amazon Music, and various streams through Tune In. I like the Bluesound App (on two computers in two locations) a lot, but find that it gets clunky and has to be rebooted from time to time.

Would I benefit with Ron?

adeep42
Post removed 

I think among the best features of Roon is the music discovery and automatic metadata handling.  The ability to integrate your personal library with your online libraries.

DSP is of course good too.

The downsides is another subscription, and that you often need separate hardware to act as the roon server.

After years of frustration with apps from numerous streamer manufacturers I eventually succumbed and subscribed to Roon, principally for one reason - because it is the only app I know which catalogues classical albums properly. Roon does other things too most of which I have no idea how to use and their customer service is next to non existent, relying mainly on responses from other subscribers. If you don't have a large classical album content in your streamer library and don't need the DSP you probably don't need Roon.

it really depends  on what you want to achieve, 

we are a roon, and server dealer, and a bluesound dealer, as well 

In terms of sound quality a better roon server feeding a dac will outperform the Node both as a streamer or as an all in one as well.

Roon is an amazing interface. 

Davev and Troy

audio intellect NJ 

Roon dealer 432evo roon core dealer and bluesound dealer.

One advantage of Roon is that it is hardware independent in the sense that it eliminates the use of proprietary apps for accessing content so a hardware change doesn't require having to use a different manufacturers app. That and the fact that Roon's interface is superb.