Need some treble

I have a Bryston B135 Integrated amplifier.  As I get older there has been a change in my hearing and I'm not hearing higher frequencies, such as cymbals etc.  Normally I would just increase the treble setting, but this amplifier has no tone controls.  What's the solution?

sureshmirchand

This Chase RLC-1 is perfect for a unit with no features. It gives you REMOTE Control of Volume, Balance, Treble, Bass, and has 4 selectable inputs.

Chase RLC-1, MUST have the remote!

No controls on the unit, only buy one with the remote.

No one can ever tell if it is in or out of my systems, I use them differently in 3 systems.

1. Main System: all sources to vintage feature-full tube preamp; preamp out to chase, chase to 1st input of my integrated amp. Select source manually on Preamp, use Chase for Remote Power/Volume/Balance. Preset Integrated Volume and Chase Default volume for my 'normal' volume, use chase for up/dn.

2. Office System: using chase for remote power only so I don't need to walk around my desk, sources direct to integrated, it's push button power button will stay in/on.

3. Shop/Garage system. all sources to Yamaha receiver. chase used for remote power, and optional use of it's features via tape loop (actually my Yamaha has a separate processor loop also). While working, remote volume and remote mute. Here again, you cannot tell if it is in or out of play.

And, last but not least, the Chase unit has automatic and progressive implementation of Fletcher Munson Eq for low volume listening, which boosts both low bass and high treble progressively as volume reduces. This is good for anyone, perfect hearing, due to our hearing's characteristics.

Thank you all for your suggestions - except maybe the one about the earcups.  I've decided to try out one of the Schitt equalizers and see if that solves my problem.  My question is, since I'm only interested in increasing the treble frequencies and not messing with anything else, should I go for the basic Loki Mini*, or is there any reason to get the more expensive Lokius?

For only $299 I would suggest the Lokius with a 6 kHz adjustment for treble and 16khz to add some “air” to the sound. Schiit gear is built incredibly well for the modest asking price. You,after experimenting, may find the other bands on the Lokius to enhance your overall musical experience. All the best!

Agree with @hifiman5 -- the Lokius gives you a bit more flexibility in the upper range. The Loki Mini does 2K and 8K in the treble while the Lokius does 2K, 6K and 16K. Keep in mind that the highest note on a piano is 4,186 Hz. Everything above that is harmonics. Only percussion instruments like snares and cymbals have any fundamental output over that. 

Seems to me that, if you're not hearing high frequencies, boosting them via tone controls may do nothing.

Much like having a null in your listening room. 

My question would be. Do those cymbals reappear when you crank it up a few notches?