No frills CD player for tube amp

Any suggestions on a great sounding "no frills" cd player to match up with my Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum. Tube or ss considered.Looking for a more "laid back" (for lack of a better term) sound. I have an NAD cd player now and it is way too bright on the top end.Speakers are Paradigm Monitor 7v.4. Budget is $1200.00 max. for a new or "fairly new" used unit. There is absolutely no place in my area that carries 2-channel equipment, so no place to demo. Help !!!!! Thanks
128x128tpreaves
Doge6 tube CD player from Pacific Valve. An amazing player with an expansive, beautiful sound. A bit over your budget, but that's the way things always go.
If your CDP has digital out, it would be hard to beat a Classe' DAC-1 for a very smooth, musical sound at $1K used.
Thanks for the input guys. I need to stay on budget and keep my system simple (player,amp,speakers)
My Rotel RCD-1072 mates quite well with my Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amp. Very musical, "analog-like" sound, with no signs of digital harshness or listening fatigue. Good Luck, and Happy Listening.
Your description of "way too bright" leads me to believe that your speaker setup may need tweaking, since poor speaker set-up is probably the leading cause of excessive brightness, IMO. So, I would suggest that you revisit your speaker set up, i.e. toe-in, listening distance, etc., before investing in another player. Also, brightness is a common complaint related to Paradigm speakers, although I personally believe the characterization is overblown. Nonetheless, I would do some experimentation before investing in another player that may not solve the problem. As for player recommendations, I would look at the Rega Apollo or Jolida JD100 in your price range.