Anyone listen to entire albums?

I assume the answer is yes since many of you run vinyl rigs, but just wondering how many around here listen to entire albums at a sitting?  In the age of instant gratification and playlists I seem to be, recently, gravitating to listening through entire albums.  I don’t have vinyl and only stream or play from a network drive so it’s easy for me to bounce around from song to song, artist to artist.  Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing but I enjoy hearing a record in it’s entirely the way the artist recorded it.  I’ve flirted with the idea of vinyl for the very reason that it seems to be a format that lends itself to listening through an entire album in one sitting.  I seem to be less inclined to make that move though now that I’ve been doing the album thing via streaming. 

128x128jastralfu

As a rule, I only buy/keep cds I enjoy all the way through.

I've made my own anthologies of artists whose albums are inconsistently appealing to me, such as Led Zep and Rory Gallagher but these are very much exceptions and I rarely play them. 

on that "when I grew up right around CDs" angle:

when and where I grew up, an album cost 2 weeks' salary. A turntable would cost twice that. Most people had 10 or 15 records total. (One for Christmas and one for a birthday - slowly adding up) We were poor so we didn't have a turntable. When I started working, I could afford to buy a used one. I also bought my friend's record collection about 30 albums (he was super rich - for us). 

When your monthly paycheck buys you 2 albums, it better be good to listen to every side and song. 

I grew up listening to vinyl so I still listen to albums in their entirety even though I dumped my vinyl decades ago in favor of CDs. The only exception is when I’m streaming in the car or at the gym. 

When my vinyl rig was working, I generally listened to albums straight through. Now that I'm forced to listen to CD's, I have to admit I skip around if I don't care for particular tracks.

@grislybutter we were not well off when I grew up either.  I do remember listening to my parents collection of Billy Joel albums though when I was all of maybe 10.  I think they had maybe five or six albums and that was it.  That and The Beach Boys Endless Summer.  I loved those records. Can’t recall, but I believe I listened to those all the way through at the time.