Experience with Glanz MH-10Bt? Luxman PD-171A

I’m considering upgrading the stock Jelco type tonearm on my Luxman PD-171A.  My go to guy in Japan is suggesting the Glanz MH-10Bt tonearm. Glanz also has an attractive mounting option for this specific turntable.  

I’m using a Koetsu Black gold line.  However, I have an Urishi Tsugaru new in the box that I’m saving for a better tonearm.

My phonostage is a Line Magnetic that I plan on upgrading to either a Zesto or BAT VK-90P.  Record mat in use is a SAEC-300mk2.

Does anyone have listening experience with this tonearm?  Other suggestions are welcome for both tonearm and phonostage.  I like the dust cover so it’s important to me that I can close it without interference.

buist

The Koetsu Urushi loves high effective mass.  This is not a subtle need. It almost doesn't matter how good the tonearm is as much as high effective mass does matter.  I use an Ortofon LH9000 headshell (18g) on a Fidelity Research FR64S. That combination gets the best out of my Urushi, compared to my Triplanar and a few other very good tonearms.

Hi all responders,

im now considering just going with the PD-191A. 

Im not an expert when it comes to high mass, compliance and such.

What could I do to make the stock tonearm of the PD-191A more favorable towards the Tsugaru?  Headshells were mentioned.  Any favorites?

Or maybe the Glanz MH-10Bt is better on the PD-171A?

For heavier combinations of cartidge/headshells you wil have to order a heavier counterweight.

There is nothing wrong matching the Urushi Tsugaru with the Luxman LTA-710. You are trying to match the tonearm to a given cartrige. It should be the other way round. 

Jorgjean

That makes perfect sense.

I’ve made a decision where I’m going with this. It’s just not going to happen over night.