Digital with same soundstage as analog

I have a modest setup, but the analog sounds good to me. Question, can I get the same soundstage with digital by adding a DAC or Streamer?

Current equipment is;

VPI Scout with Hana SL

Parasound A21

Vincent SA32 Preamp

Elac PPA2 

Dyneaudio Emit 30

Oppo 83SE

room is conditioned floor to ceiling and approximately 12x24’

When I play SACD’s, the soundstage is no where near the analogue presence. Maybe it’s the SACD player that’s limiting my experience to go streaming.

Advice based on setup would be helpful

Thanks in advance

128x128vette5451

Tone and timbre would be the largest differences I notice between vinyl and digital.  I wouldn’t think that sound stage would be much affected by source, generally speaking.

The outcome of such experiences for myself and as a result of only experiencing a very limited range of dedicated streaming devices, is that Streaming is not a contender for a CD or Vinyl Source.

@pindac I’m sure you heard what you heard, but the key to your strong statement that  “streaming is not a contender for CD or vinyl source”  is that as you stated your experience is “very limited.”  There are many here with very accomplished/expensive systems who have found this to not be the case at all and that streaming is very much “a contender” to the other formats sonically along with all its other significant advantages/benefits.  “Streaming is not a contender” is a bold and definitive statement to make for someone with admittedly relatively little experience with various streaming setups and has not been born out by me and many others here.  But obviously you’re entitled to your opinion.

@soix I'm sure everything you say is true. But surely it does not belong in the analog forum?

I'm sure everything you say is true. But surely it does not belong in the analog forum?

@dogberry  The OP was asking if a DAC/streamer can soundstage on the level of vinyl, so where better to ask?  This was an off shoot of that original question — it happens in discussion forums.

Keeping my assessment limited to my experiences encountered, I will add to the statement made in the earlier post.

"The outcome of such experiences for myself and as a result of only experiencing a very limited range of dedicated streaming devices, is that Streaming is not a contender for a CD or Vinyl Source." will read better if as the following:

The outcome of such experiences for myself and as a result of only experiencing a very limited range of dedicated streaming devices, where demo's given are using Steaming Devices up to £6K as a purchase price and experienced in use in systems that range at the top end up to £150ishK in Value. Is that Streaming is not in my view a contender for a CD or Vinyl Source.

I stand by this statement more so in relation to the Audio Systems I have been able to experience the Streaming Source used in conjunction with a CD and Vinyl Source. As already made known there have been demo's where streaming was the only Source available.

In this context, the statement remains bold and definitive when within the constraints of not having a broad experience.

I would be interested to read comments from others who do have a Broad Experience of Streaming devices used on a range of audio systems. 

When / If the interest fully develops to discover a Broad Range of Streaming Devices.

I'm sure I will be my usual self, and do a reasonable amount of footwork, to ensure I experience a substantial amount of Streaming Set Ups. In a Broad Range of Audio Systems, from Home Demo's through to Commercial Events or at a Commercial Entities Premises.

Such an extension of experiences 'may' have the potential to create the influence that encourages a change of thought on the impression a Streamer Device as a Source to replay music can conjure up.

Both my outlook on Vinyl Replay Sources and CD Replay Sources has evolved to a very perceivable betterment. Through ensuring extended experiences are encountered outside of the Home System. Where the focus is on what can be attained from others making their own choices are able to achieve. This attitude to interact with others, has been the key to new horizons for end sound production and been instrumental in lifting both Sources to very satisfactory levels of performance in my own system. 

How would I ever have learnt after multiple years of not being impressed by and not having a CD replay Source, that a Bespoke Built Valve DAC would transform my whole belief system on a CD replay.

Without my arranging to meet with an individual and experiencing a Bespoke Valve DAC in use in their home system and having first hand experience of the impression that can be made. With the outcome being, the device is  loaned to be experienced in my own system, and my learning CD as a Replay Source can really impress and is one that is enthusiastically wanted to be maintained. 

The question is will a close mimic of above experiences be able to be created with a Streaming Device used as a Source to replay received Data that is 'hired' for usage as the Source medium.