Loud pop/screech when powering on amp

Hello All,

I have an Audio Refinement Multi 5. I just bought her used in pristine condition a couple months ago. I get a loud pop when I turn it on. But the last couple of days there's almost like a weird screeching sound right after the pop . Everything sounds. fine when I play music/movies, but I'm a little concerned if this is a bad sign. I'm also a little concerned if this is harming my speaks. I have had other amps that pop and I know this is normal. I always turn her on last and turn her off first and volume is always low when powering on and off. I only use the power button in the front when done for the night. I have not turned the main power button off since connecting her. I have a Shunyata power cable plugged directly into the wall on the amp. I have an Audioquest Powerquest 303, should I maybe try plugging the amp into that, would that help? I also did turn off the main power switch on the back this morning and will try when I get home to see if this helps when I power her up...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Best Regards...

kingbr

Try the original power cord oriented per the manual -red dot on hot side of outlet.

Is there an option to enable soft or delayed start on the amplifier?

If it doesn’t run hot at idle I’d leave it on 24/7 (along with at least your preamp) until you get this sorted to minimize the possibility of damaging your speakers.  I’d go right to the source and call Audio Refinement directly.  Best of luck finding a solution. 

Sounds like a leaky cap.  Get it looked at before you blow your output stage transistors.