Turntable prices. Is my mind going?

Stereophiles Recommended components offerings at $300,000 Plus!  And weights of many hundreds of pounds? Is quality now by the pound? Audiphools exist- just like Saquatch.

ptss

Post 1974 911s were awful and slow due to US emissions controls. Mid to late 80s SC models were ok but certainly not very fast. The 964 finally recapitulated the great late 60s/early 70s cars.

It's simple. The more a turntable weighs, the better it will sound.

That's why I have an amplifier with .000000000000000001% THD.

@tony1954 There are many sources and types of distortion. Some forms of distortion are irritating to some people. For example, I can't stand the 'sizzle' that comes from some digital and most electrolytic caps in the signal path. Some other people don't seem to care. THD is only one form of distortion.

Other forms of distortion don't have much impact. For example, I don't mind a bit of 'wow' in my music, but it drives other people nuts.

YMMV. And that's the point.

i dont understand some people logic....

They dream about 300,000 bucks turntable and amp with o.000000000000000 % distortion...😁

But they never spoke about the more important multiple ways acoustics parameters aspects of the system/room/ears are the FIRST and LAST factor that matter the most ...

Gear branded names and price tags matter because they think the "plane" must be idolized as a god making sound as some tribes who paid the price for it to come back in their "room" .... 😊