AI (Audiogon Intelligence)

AI tools are popping up everywhere to help provide reliable answers to people’s questions.  Users here could really benefit by not having to go elsewhere for that. I say Audiogon, make it so! How about you?

128x128mapman

We are able to experience and feel.  Music is more than patterns of pressure waves.  Music can inspire, soothe, excite and help us morn.  AI only parrots what it compiles from entries with perhaps some algorithmic filtering to remove less popular opinions or information.  And that is scary because the majority is not always right.

AI is still a computer and the first axiom of computers is, “garbage in, garbage out.”

It’s true the computer itself can’t “feel” but it can synthesize data. Data provided by others about music can be synthesized to allow the computer to “think” similarly. What we feel is based on what we think so….

What we feel is based on what we think so….

I think you need to study psychology a bit more...😊

We are able to experience and feel. Music is more than patterns of pressure waves. Music can inspire, soothe, excite and help us morn. AI only parrots what it compiles from entries with perhaps some algorithmic filtering to remove less popular opinions or information. And that is scary because the majority is not always right.

You are right in my book...

But A.I. as it is now is only a biased encyclopedia who can speak...

Alas! or Rejoice!

A,I. will be replaced by way more advanced maths already published about something A.I. called artificial intelligence with neural network LLM models could not compare : artificial consciousness or A.C. the first few books for his design are already published since 2020... It is so revolutionary the engineers of silicon valley dont understand it yet ... the dude genius designing it is Anirban Bandyopadhyay. I know because i read his books ..

it will be S.F made real ... 😊

Weaponizing new technology is part of the game.  Alfred Nobel developed nitroglycerin and dynamite to improve the efficiency of large construction projects, removal of material.  And then, Volkswagen-sized projectiles tossed 22 miles at other things to destroy them.

The Internet was developed and championed by well meaning smart people with only good intentions for mankind.  And now?  Mixed bag.

Biology to improve our understanding of germs, molds, pasteurization, leading to germ warfare, purposeful infection of wool blankets with small pox to infect others, the tossing of dead bodies with Black Death over the walls of the enemies.

I was concerned there for a moment.  Smile and enjoy your music systems.