Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

No audio pro would attempt to set up a sound system in a venue without using EQ.  Rooms are different and getting decent response in any room usually requires a bit of EQ.   I use the DSP in Roon and a pro audio 32 band equalizer for other sources that costs far less than that Loki and has more control.   The idea of opamps sounding bad is ludicrous.  The recordings you listen to went through dozens if not hundreds of them unless you are listening to nothing but 50+ year old vinyl.

I use a White Instruments Inc EQ 4100 10 Band/Channel, very transparent see here.

Mike

@ditusa that's a lot of knobs to adjust:-) That's not a criticism. Too many for me as a newbie though!Concerning noisy opamps - I can only speak from my limited experience. My API is dead silent.Nary a click or hiss.There's no issue having it stacked on my dac or preamp either.

I know that Schiit admits to experiencing noise issues with the Lokius and recommends to keep it isolated from other components.

@jtcf , I am so happy the API has worked out so well for you. Furthermore, am happy for the others who have dared to try pro analog EQ or MQ112, branching out from the Schiit products, and being richly rewarded!  This has been an illuminating forum for many. I am so glad. 😊🎶

So is Audiogon's search good for ANYTHING??

I really like this thread, purely about equalizers, but if I search discussions for "equalizer" it doesn't find it.... at all!  Even if I type all the words of the exact title "Equalizer in a HiFi system" it does not find it.   Oops... you see my tiny mistake? I missed just ONE tiny space in the title and it did not find this thread.  

This is the exact opposite of computers helping us!