The time has come and I request advice...

To my fellow audiophiles the time has come and I am going to attempt to improve my digital source in one audio system I have, Currently running a Bluesound Node X into Denafrips Pontus 12th Anniversary and it sounds great but i am ready and willing to update the streamer. Looking for a dedicated streamer that will play Tidal or Qobuz. Might be interested in going the Roon route. Budget is about $2500. Right now the Lumin U2 mini and Aurender seem to be at the top of recommendations. Looking for advice from those who have used the streamer they recommend.

I listen to Jazz, Blues and instrument music mostly...also going to add a turntable to my other audio system and will post another question...

128x1282psyop

Today’s special purpose software gets incorporated gets incorporated into the operating system of integrated suite

I have been using various special purpose and always independent software with  massive user base for decades that never got integrated into anything. But it's far from audio subject I guess

I just got an Eversolo A8 and very happy with it.  Massive bang for the buck.  A ton of features and quality points!  Does it all.  They go for around $1900.

What other apps mentioned here have these features Roon offer. Sans the DSP features

1 fairly detailed signal path & conversion display

2 Album Credits with hyperlinks to each artist in the credits

• hyperlinks to just about everything of relevance on the artist,album & track.

3 ability to download PDF liner notes

4 scrolling lyrics

5 composition meta

6 ability to play to mobile device not on local network.

7 streaming content preferences.

8. isolating only the local storage or stream service.

9. display whats playing through a browser or Chromcast. 

Roon Users what other non DSP features am I missing besides the standard fair in most any music app?

No need to chime in "well I don’t need that..."

@jbuhl - great point and list!

You asked what other features you might be missing so, I don’t believe I saw anything about how your system can continue playing the genre of music you were just listening to, after your specific selections have finished playing, i.e., Roon Radio. Sometimes I set up a dozen selections for the sole purpose of hearing what Roon Radio will add after my selections are done playing. I have been introduced to a lot of new music through Roon Radio and through the lists of "Recommended Albums", "Similar Albums", and "Similar Artists" that accompany every selection.

I will be interested to read if folks here identify other players that provide as much added value.

What I really use is the credits section.  Each credited artist photo appears with a number below indicating the number of tracks they play on, click the number and get a list of tracks, click the name  and your off to their page with description and discography.  

One other feature I forgot to list is the "recorded" link.  On each track click the recorded link and you get a list of all the artist who have recorded the track.