Has anyone heard from bdp24 lately?

He just passed through my thoughts this evening, and when I checked I saw that he hasn't posted since September. I hope that he's OK.

128x128roxy54

Joining in on the 'welcome back wagon' but hoping you were able to dodge most of the storms and flooding SoCal had and has been 'gifted' with......sales of ADU Arks must be great, tho'... ;)

Absence makes the heart grow fonder 😉 .

Regarding my opinion of Twilley vs. Petty (I’m probably the only one to see them as "competeters"):

While I like the first two Dwight Twilley Band albums quite a bit more than Petty’s first two, after those two albums the tables were turned. Drummer/singer Phil Seymour left Twilley after those albums, getting his own deal with Neil Bogart on Broadway Records. His first album is great, and produced a hit single ("Precious To Me", which Phil wrote). Twilley guitarist Bill Pitcock worked with Phil (I saw them do a show at The Country Club in Reseda, they were fantastic live). Phil can be heard providing backing vocals on three songs on Petty’s debut, and playing drums on L.A. Pop Band 20/20’s debut album, as well as on Moon Martin’s Shots From A Cold Nightmare album (Moon is also an unjustly overlooked artist. That first wife of mine ran his fan club.). After his two Boardwalk albums, Phil joined Carla Olson in her band The Textones. He returned home to Tulsa when he was diagnosed with lymphoma, which eventually took his life

Twilley soldiered on after Phil’s departure, but it just wasn’t the same (some viewed Phil as The DTB’s lead singer, though I think that’s an over-statement). The Twilley/Seymour vocal blend was REALLY excellent, something I find missing on Petty’s albums (as well as on Dwight’s). Dwight’s first solo album did pretty well (Pitcock plays on it), but his record label (and the two that followed) ran into financial troubles, sabotaging the album’s chances. His career never matched his talent, and when the Northridge earthquake destroyed his home he moved back to Tulsa, thereafter releasing albums on his own "vanity" label (Big Oak Records). Pitcock also returned home, playing in local bands and releasing one album of his own (it’s really, really awful 😞 ). Bill died from lung cancer (he was a 2 pack-a-day smoker).

Petty, on the other hand, improved as time went on, and built himself an excellent career, one album at a time. Though I don’t like him as much as do most others (many here, if I’m not mistaken), he certainly earned and deserved his success. Twilley was robbed, a victim of plain bad luck.

@mitchagain: PM received, reply coming soon.