Best investment; cartridge or line stage?

Alrighty fellow hifi aficionados, I tried to find a sub on this topic but failed. Here is my bang for the buck question: assuming money spent on either option will be within spitting distance of each other, where am I likely to get more bang for my buck? By investing in a new line stage or investing in a new cartridge. I am currently running a Sutherland TX vibe line stage with a rega aria cartridge on a rega p6 turntable. Appreciate your input! Current system is McIntosh MA252 integrated, rega p6 tt and Martin Logan Vantages.

milo0812

If the Cart' has been used to the point it is suspected to be needing a replacement.

There is the option to have the Cart' sent to a Third Party Service, if a Boron Cantilever and particular styli is chosen, the Cart' will be sharing additional technologies selected for the Aphelion Cart' range.

Ok, I’m confused.

We have a phono stage, not a line stage which I’m guessing is the Sutherland TZ Vibe, not TX because I don’t think there is one, and I’m lost on the cartridge because as stated there is no Rega Aria cartridge, the Rega Aria is another phono stage. So, 2 phono stages, no line stage, and a misnamed cartridge that’s actually a phono stage.

I need an aspirin.

@milo0812 , you need to unabandon this thread and clarify a few things.

@thecarpathian i would suggest that and a stiff shot of something else…. anytime vinyl is involved….

@dogberry With my cash on the line, I did. In fact, since I couldn’t afford the best, I made it myself: turntable, tonearm, phono stage. Not the cartridges (Koetsu, Grado).

Don’t see why someone else shouldn’t benefit from my mistakes. Or from the wisdom of a legend in the field (atmosphere).

@terry9 ,

You made those tonearms??!

Extremely impressive. Do you have a background in materials engineering?

I wouldn’t have a clue where to start...