Amp — Leave on or turn off

I always turned my Benchmark AHB2 amp off after use every night. After all, why is there an on off switch on the front panel if not to do that? Last night I accidentally left it on. This morning, when I played my first record, I couldn’t believe my ears. The same record I played last night sounded infinitely better. I tried a second record and that, too, was much better.
I know there’s a debate on the question of leaving an amp on all the time.
I now know where I stand!

128x128rvpiano
Post removed 

Amps do sound better warmed up. In my case, being a tube amp, I do not want to burn 375w of power sitting idle or playing music if I'm not around to enjoy it.  It depends greatly on the equipment and if the electric bill is a concern. 

Unfortunately climate change is here to stay and the weather will absolutely get weirder for decades to come. Maybe our grandchildren will figure something out (shoot millions of tiny umbrellas into space?) but when the gulf stream stops, the ocean fish disappear, the permafrost lets out all its stored carbon, and forest fire smoke gives us all lung issues, we may take it all seriously, although that's unlikely. So leave your car running as hey...it works better all warmed up. Leave your amps on if you think it's important...turn the AC down low enough to use the fireplace in summer...go crazy...who cares?